What is Team Building?
Team building is the process of analysis, activity and evaluation aimed at strengthening the success of a work unit. Success in team building is usually judged by the achievement of a shared goal, and fundamentally the work unit, or team, must be focused on accomplishing this clear-set goal. How the team goes about this depends on a number of factors:
- How the team functions together.
- The individual abilities of group members.
- Whether or not these abilities are highlighted and expressed withing the team.
- Team structure - who is leading whom.
- Team development - training of the team towards improvement through targeted activities.
What Makes a Good Team?
The success of the team is dependent on the individual qualities of the team members and the extent to which these qualities are permitted to develop and flourish within the specific team. Team building activities will focus on explaining, building and perfecting these skills. The qualities can be broken down into:
- Understanding - learning about and knowing other team members
- Trust - belief and willful reliance on fellow team members
- Communication - the key areas of listening, speaking and body language
- Creativity - generating and implementing new ideas
- Leadership - organised team direction and maximization of the team's strengths
- Negotiation - building a mutually beneficial agreement
- Cooperation - the ability to work with others
Why Do We Need Team Building?
Companies with stronger teams will achieve greater success in reaching the company's goals, whether those be financial, social or ecological.
It is estimated that of the top thousand companies in the world, more than 98% invest yearly in team building and management training.
When any new team is assembled, it is likely to face a series of common team problems, for example, the Apollo complex - intelligent and highly able individuals under-performing when working in the context of a team. Team building overcomes these problems, and raises the performance of the whole team to a level greater than its individual parts.
How Can a Team Building Program with Making Teams Help My Company?
Making Teams is a specialist and professional team building company, based in Koh Samui in Thailand. We outline the key areas of team building performance as set above, and have created a program of clear objectives aimed at strengthening those key areas, and the morale of the team as a whole.
Following a program of activities on the invigorating island of Koh Samui, your team will return to its home strengthened, inspired, and ready to take on its next success.
Why should we do team building in Thailand?
Thailand offers a number of superb advantages as a destination for team building. Firstly as a destination for MICE travel and corporate groups it has great appeal. We are based on Koh Samui which is a tourist paradise, and there are many fantastic resorts and hotels which offer great conference facilities at an unbeatable price.
Secondly, our geography and warm weather make it ideal for outdoor activities which are perfect for teambuilding, for example water sports, orienteering and survivor games on desert islands to name but a few.
Thirdly, the prices we offer for our program of Thailand team building options are extremely competitive, often more than 50% cheaper than similar programs in other parts of the world due to our low overheads in Thailand.
Making Teams will design a team building Thailand program for your company. Get in touch here for a free team building consultation.